Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
As part of our commitment to serving the South Mecklenburg County community, SERVPRO® prioritizes providing the highest level of service, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, and employing specifically trained technicians to ensure unparalleled client satisfaction. In times of biohazard losses, we understand the challenges it presents and the difficulty in addressing it alone. You may feel unsure of the next steps to take. Rest assured, our team is here to guide you through the mitigation process, offering support every step of the way. With SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County by your side, you can trust that your property will be restored to its preloss condition, making it "Like it never even happened."
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (704) 840-6112
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Piper Glen Estates
- Providence Plantation