Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Jim and I are native North Carolinians. We love Charlotte and especially the South Mecklenburg County area. We believe we are here for one reason- to serve our South Mecklenburg county friends in need. We wanted to own a SERVPRO franchise in order to provide the best level of service, state of the art equipment, and specifically and intentionally trained technicians to ensure we give our clients service that is second to none. When you have a biohazard loss, we know that it is very difficult to mitigate it alone. You may not know what steps to take or even how to begin to address it. Jim, myself, and our team are here to walk you through it- step by step- until it is literally "Like it never even happened."
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (704) 840-6112
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of South Mecklenburg County has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Piper Glen Estates
- Providence Plantation